Exhausted visitors, after 2h of commute, trying to figure out where on Earth is the building. Photos Fanny Chevalier.
Contacting the Team
- Jean-Daniel Fekete (Project Team Director)
- Email: Jean-Daniel.Fekete@inria.fr
- Phone: +33 1 74 85 42 97
- Fax: +33 1 69 15 65 86
- Tobias Isenberg
- Office: 1044
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +33 1 74 85 42 92
- Pierre Dragicevic
- Office: 1030
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: please inquire by e-mail
- Petra Isenberg
- Office: 1030
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +33 17 292 5916
- Chloë Vigneron (new)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +33 1 72 92 59 45
- Alexandra Merlin (previous)
- Telephone: +33 1 69 15 39 09
|Mail address||Physical address|
| || |
|See Google Map|
Finding our building
If you plan to visit us make sure you print this page as well as that one!
We are located at the Plateau de Saclay, 25 km from Paris. The Aviz team is in the Digiteo Moulon building, number 660. This building is located right next to its sister building the PCRI / LRI building, number 650, which is easy to recognize from far -- see picture below: the Digiteo Moulon building is just to the left, not visible on the photo. PCRI stands for Pôle Commun de Recherche en Informatique and LRI stands for Laboratoire de Recherche en Informatique.
Both buildings 660 and 650 can be seen on this Google Satellite Map.
Getting inside our building
Our building has a restricted access policy, partly due to the fact that it's hosting CEA, a French research institution in nuclear power.
The entrance is to the West of the building. Once there, ring the bell, wait and the caretaker will open the door (sometimes you may have to wait for 2 minutes as he may not be at his desk). Then walk towards the reception to the left, say you're visiting Aviz and give him your ID. He will give you a badge with which you will pass the revolving doors and will be free to walk around in the building.
If you are coming as part of a group visit, we may have already given your name to the guardian, in which case you would just have to sign next to your name. If not, tell him whom you are visiting and have him call a member of our team.
Be warned that the caretaker may not speak English.
Finding Aviz inside the building
Once you passed the revolving doors, take the stairs right in front, go one floor up, then turn right (at which point you should see our coffee machine) and immediately to the left, Jean-Daniel Fekete's office is the first one to the right.
Coming by public transportation
From Paris, take the RER B to Massy Palaiseau and then the bus 91-06B, 91-06C or 91.10 and get off at Moulon. This should take you between 1h and 1h15 from Gare du Nord and between 45 min and 1h from Denfert-Rochereau.
Click here for detailed information on how to take the RER B, find the right ticket machines, and take the right train to get to Massy Palaiseau. To take the bus from Massy Palaiseau to our lab you will need an extra ticket: you can buy it from the bus driver but he will also accept regular Paris metro tickets (t+).
Once at Massy Palaiseau walk on the platform and cross the bridge that leads you to the bus station (gare routière). Then look for the signs for the bus stop:
Get on the right bus and off at Moulon. At Moulon face the direction the bus is going, then take the first right and walk a few minutes. You will see the Digiteo Moulon building across the road.
For schedules, travel times, and alternative routes check the website vianavigo.com. The full name for the Moulon bus stop is "Moulon, Gif-sur-Yvette" and there is another nearby stop East of PCRI: "IUT pôle d'ingénierie". For a slightly less reliable but more bucolic way to get to our building, see here.
- Excusez-moi, ce train va bien à Massy-Palaiseau ? Excuse-me, is this train for Massy-Palaiseau?
- Bonjour, vous vous arrêtez bien à Moulon ? Hi, you stop at Moulon, right?
- Pourrez-vous me prévenir quand on arrive ? Can you please let me know when we get there?
- Un ticket, s'il-vous-plaît. One ticket, please
- Excusez-moi, je cherche le bâtiment Digitéo Moulon (le bâtiment six-cent soixante). Excuse me, I'm looking for the Digiteo Moulon building, building #660.
- Bonjour, je viens visiter l'équipe Aviz. Hi, I'm here to visit the Aviz team.
- Bonjour monsieur, ça fait trois jours que je marche dans les champs, je suis perdu et j'ai faim. Auriez-vous par hasard un peu de fromage et du vin ? Hello sir, I've been walking in the fields for three days, I'm lost and I'm starving. Do you have some cheese and wine by any chance?
Going back to Paris
If you made it to our lab, getting back to Paris is easy. Go to the bus station facing the one where you initially got off, and wait for the bus 91-06B, 91-06C or 91.10. Massy-Palaiseau is the final destination. Once there, follow the signs to Paris (all RER B trains stop at all stations in Paris).
If you are a longer-term visitor to Aviz and need more information on where to get help for housing etc. have a look at our visitors page.