I am currently a post-doctoral researcher at the Aviz team of INRIA Saclay (France), where I joined the CSDL Project, which in part tries to bring together the fields of Interactive Evolutionary Computation and Visual Analytics. Previously, I was a member of REACTIVITY, a group-awarenss project funded by Microsoft Research INRIA Joint Center.
Before moving to France, I was at the University of Leeds (UK) working under the VISTA project, to visualize uncertainty and integrated information on underground assets. I obtained my PhD from the University of Kent (UK) under the supervision of Jonathan Roberts and Peter Rodgers, where I investigated aspects of coupling of multiple views in information visualization.
Information visualization, uncertainty visualization, visual analytics.
1. N. Boukhelifa, A. Bezerianos, T. Isenberg and J.D.Fekete. Evaluating Sketchiness as a Visual Variable for the Depiction of Qualitative Uncertainty. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (Proceedings Scientific Visualization / Information Visualization 2012), IEEE, 2012, 18 (12). [bib] [pdf].
2. J.Wood, P. Isenberg, T. Isenberg, J. Dykes, N. Boukhelifa and A. Slingsby. Sketchy Rendering for Information Visualization. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, IEEE, 2012, (Proceedings Scientific Visualization / Information Visualization), 18 (12). [bib] [pdf].
3. N. Boukhelifa, A. Bezerianos, T. Isenberg and Jean-Daniel Fekete, Evaluating Sketchy Lines for the Qualitative Visualization of Uncertainty, Technical Report PR-7910, INRIA, France, March 2012. [bib] [pdf].
7. N. Boukhelifa and D.J. Duke, Visualizing Heterogeneous Utility Data: A Case for Aesthetic Design, Eurographics 2009 Areas Papers, Eurographics Association, 2009.
8. N. Boukhelifa and D.J. Duke, The Aesthetics of the Underworld, In Proc. Computational Aesthetics, P. Brown, D.W. Cunningham, V. Interrante and J. McCormack (Eds), pp. 41-48, Eurographics Association, 2008.
9. N. Boukhelifa and D.J. Duke, The uncertain reality of underground assets, Proc. ISPRS/CA/DGfK Joint Workshop on Visualization and Exploration of Geospatial Data, International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, 2007.
10. S. Frau, J. C. Roberts and N. Boukhelifa. Dynamic coordinated email visualization. In Vaclav Skala, editor, WSCG05 - 13th International Conference on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision'2005, pages 187-193, Plzen, Czech Republic, January 2005.
11. J. C. Roberts, N. Boukhelifa and P. Rodgers. Visual Depictions of Search Results: using glyphs and coordinated multiple-views. YLEM Journal, 24(2):8-10, January 2004.
12. N. Boukhelifa and P. Rodgers. A model and software system for coordinated and multiple views in exploratory visualization. Information Visualization, 2(4):258-269, December 2003.
13. N. Boukhelifa, J. C. Roberts and P. Rodgers. A Coordination Model for Exploratory Multi-View Visualization. In Jonathan Roberts, editor, Proceedings of the International Conference on Coordinated and Multiple Views in Exploratory Visualization (CMV 2003), pages 76-85. IEEE, July 2003.
14. N. Boukhelifa, J. Roberts and P. Rodgers. Towards Coordination-Intensive Visualization Software. In Proceedings PREP 2003 - Postgraduate Research Conference in Electronics, Photonics, Communications and Software, pages 199-200. Sponsored by EPSRC and IEEE, April 2003.
15. J. Roberts, N. Boukhelifa and P. Rodgers. Multiform Glyph Based Search Result Visualization. In Proceeding Information Visualization 2002, pages 549-554. IV, IEEE, July 2002.
16. A. R. Beck, N. Boukhelifa, G. Fu, S. J. Hickinbotham, J. Parker, B. Bennett, A. G. Cohn, D. J. Duke and J. G. Stell. Utility data integration and knowledge representation in the UK: the VISTA project in: Anand, S, Ware, M, Jackson, M, Vairavamoorthy, K & Abrahart, R J (ed.) Geohydroinformatics - Integrating GIS and Water Engineering. CRC Press. In press.
LRI Équipe Aviz
Bât 650, Université Paris-Sud
Rue Noetzlin, 91190 Gif-sur-Yvette, France