Jean-Daniel Fekete is Senior Research Scientist at INRIA. He received his PhD in Computer Science in 1996 from Université Paris-Sud. From 1997 to 2001, he joined the Graphic Design group at the Ecole des Mines de Nantes that he led from 2000 to 2001. He was then invited to join the Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory at the University of Maryland in the USA for one year.
He is the General Chair of the IEEE VIS Conference in 2014, the first time it will be held outside of the USA in Paris. Jean-Daniel Fekete is the President of the French-Speaking HCI Association (AFIHM), Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG), Membre of the IEEE Information Visualization Conference Steering Committee and of the EG EuroVis Steering Committee. He was Conference Chair of the IEEE InfoVis Conference in 2011, Paper Co-Chair of the IEEE Pacific Visualization conference in 2011.
- Charles Perin, Romain Vuillemot, Jean-Daniel Fekete. SoccerStories: A Kick-off for Visual Soccer Analysis. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2013. (Best Paper Honorable Mention)
- B. Alper, B. Bach, N. Henry Riche, T. Isenberg and J-D. Fekete. Weighted Graph Comparison Techniques for Brain Connectivity Analysis. In S. Brewster, S. Bødker, P. Baudisch and M. Beaudouin-Lafon, editors, Proceedings of the 2013 Annual Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI 2013, April 27-May 2, 2013, Paris, France), New York, États-Unis, 2013. ACM, ACM. (Best Paper Award)
- L. Micallef, P. Dragicevic and J-D. Fekete. Assessing the Effect of Visualizations on Bayesian Reasoning Through Crowdsourcing. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, October 2012. (Best Paper Honorable Mention)
- V. Benzaken, J-D. Fekete, P-L. Hémery, W. Khemiri and I. Manolescu. EdiFlow: data-intensive interactive workflows for visual analytics. In Data Engineering (ICDE), 2011 IEEE 27th International Conference on, Hannover, Germany, 04 2011. IEEE. pp.780-791, 11-16 April 2011
- Tatiana Von Landesberger, Arjan Kuijper, Tobias Schreck, Jörn Kohlhammer, Jarke Van Wijk, Jean-Daniel Fekete, Dieter Fellner. Visual Analysis of Large Graphs: State-of-the-Art and Future Research Challenges. Computer Graphics Forum, Eurographics Association, 2011, 30 (6), pp. 1719-1749.
- M. Ghoniem, J-D. Fekete and P. Castagliola. On the Readability of Graphs Using Node-Link and Matrix-Based Representations: Controlled Experiment and Statistical Analysis. Information Visualization Journal, 4(2):114135, 2005.
- J-D. Fekete. The InfoVis Toolkit. In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE Symposium on Information Visualization (InfoVis 04), pages 167-174, Austin, TX, October 2004. IEEE Press.